Farfalle a la Vodka.
You can cook Farfalle a la Vodka using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Farfalle a la Vodka
- It’s 1/4 lb of spicy Italian sausage.
- You need 2 cup of finely chopped onion.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of crushed red pepper.
- You need 1 of kosher salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 2 cup of vodka.
- Prepare 28 oz of can crushed tomatoes.
- You need 1 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of frozen peas, thawed.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of torn basil leaves.
- Prepare 1 of freshly ground black pepper.
- You need 1 lb of dried farfalle pasta.
- You need 1 of parmigiano-reggiano.
Farfalle a la Vodka instructions
- In large, deep skillet, cook sausage over moderate heat until brown, about 8 minutes. Add onion and crushed red pepper, season with salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is golden, about 10 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute..
- Carefully add vodka and cook, scraping up any browned bits at the bottom of the skillet. Add tomatoes with their juices and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes start to break down, about 10 minutes. Uncover and simmer until reduced slightly, about 5 minutes longer..
- Stir in cream and peas and cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce is slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir in basil and season with salt and pepper..
- Meanwhile, in large pot of boiling salted water, cook farfalle until al dente. Drain pasta, reserving 1/4 cup of the cooking water. Add farfalle to the skillet along with reserved cooking water and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until pasta is coated, 1-2 minutes..
- Serve immediately with parmigiano-reggiano..