Lemon Chia Seed Muffins. Substitutions for these Healthy Lemon Chia Seed Muffins: Eggs- I wouldn't recommend using regular eggs in this recipe. These lemon muffins are like poppy seed muffins but they have the addition of healthy chia seeds and a smooth honey glaze. Then I could taste the moist lemony zing of the lemon muffins!
It's also the lightest and fluffiest muffin I've ever made. The secret ingredient to make it so light and fluffy? Sure, you could make these into lemon poppy seed muffins but why not give into the latest superfood trend and give chia seeds a try? You can cook Lemon Chia Seed Muffins using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lemon Chia Seed Muffins
- You need 1 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 3/4 cup of agave or honey.
- You need 3/4 cup of part-skim ricotta cheese.
- It’s 1/4 cup of water.
- You need 1/4 cup of coconut oil, melted.
- It’s 2 of lemons zest.
- It’s 2 tbsp of fresh lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 large of egg.
- It’s 2 tbsp of chia seeds.
Instead of making lemon poppy seed muffins, I used chia seeds. You get that same look and a tiny bit of crunch, but chia seeds also Plus, chia seeds are a more common pantry staple for me; I always have them on hand. The frosting here is light and lemony – it's made with vegan cream cheese. These healthy lemon poppy seed muffins are so easy to make and seriously the best!
Lemon Chia Seed Muffins instructions
- Preheat oven to 375^F. Line a muffin tin with paper liners or grease with coconut oil..
- In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients. In a medium bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients except for chia seeds..
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, pour the wet ingredients in and mix with a wooden spoon. Be careful not to over mix. Gently fold the chia seeds into the batter..
- Divide batter evenly into muffin tin. Bake for about 16 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean..
These Healthy Lemon Poppyseed Muffins are light, fluffy, and bursting with lemon flavour! With a soft center and a crispy top, these sweet and tangy muffins are perfect for breakfast! If you're not familiar with Meyer lemons, here's a quick run down: They have a deep yellow, smooth, thin skin and are quite a bit sweeter and more subtle than their standard lemon kin. These muffins are low in sugar and. Look how gorgeous these muffins are!