Homemade Aussie Bites. A copycat recipe for Homemade Aussie Bites that uses the same list of ingredients as on the package. It's a true copycat and the best one you'll find! This recipe has been in the works for quite a while.
Homemade Aussie Bites Aussie Bites are a fun little snack filled with chewy bits of seeds and dried fruit and are perfect for little hands or lunchboxes—or grownup road trip snack bags. From Natalie Perry of Perry's Plate. Loaded Homemade Aussie bites are a copycat recipe that take the Costco favorite and makes a gluten free version filled with your favorite dried fruits and nuts. You can have Homemade Aussie Bites using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Homemade Aussie Bites
- You need 1 3/4 cup of rolled oats.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of dried apricots.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of raisins.
- You need 1/4 cup of ground flax seeds.
- It’s 1/4 cup of unsalted pumpkin seeds.
- It’s 1/4 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut.
- You need 1/4 cup of quinoa.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of chia seeds.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sunflower oil.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of unsalted butter, melted.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of honey.
- You need 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
Whole grains of oats and quinoa are the base of these energy bites. Apricots, dried cherries, raisins and pistachios add to the flavor. My mom is an avid Costco goer and has purchased Aussie Bites on many occasions. She loves the nutritional powerhouse in just a few little bites.
Homemade Aussie Bites instructions
- Pour 1 cup rolled oats in a food processor and pulse it until oats are pulverized into oat flour. Add in the remaining 3/4 cup of oats..
- Pulse the dried apricots, raisins and pumpkin seeds to small bits..
- In a big bowl, the mixed dried apricots, ground flax seeds and pumpkin seeds. Add all the other ingredients, shredded coconut, sugar, quinoa, chia seeds, sunflower oil, melted unsalted butter, honey, baking soda and vanilla extract..
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees. Divide the batter in muffin cups. Fill in half of the 18 muffin tins. Bake them for 12 minutes until crispy from the outside. Remove them from the oven and let them cool for 10-15 minutes..
- Serve them when cooled..
- Nutritional value.
These homemade Aussie Bites™, bite-size snacks with oats, dried fruit, chia seeds, and sunflower seeds, make a great breakfast or snack. The Zucchini Lasagna is the perfect recipe. You can also make smaller lasagna in dollar store foil pans and freeze for later. You can probably get three smaller lasagna out of this recipe. Those dang Aussie Bites at Costco are so good!!