Vegan Arepas. Split the arepas in half with a serrated knife. Spread the mashed avocado, add some plantain slices, some black beans and finally, some chopped red onion. Repeat with all the remaining arepas.
When all the arepas are ready, let them cool just a little bit, then slice them lenghwise and stuff them with mushroom and avocado salad. I had an arepa with black beans, fried plantains, avocado and a vegan cilantro sauce. It was absolutely delectable and I did not miss the meat or cheese one bit, likely because the healthy fat of the avocado and the depth of flavour from the beans and cilantro sauce hit that same spot. You can cook Vegan Arepas using 5 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegan Arepas
- It’s 1 cup of corn flour.
- You need 1 cup of water or almond milk.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of Chia.
- You need 1 of avocado.
Layers of polenta, tofu, bananas, avocado, and mango salsa combine for a surprising and simple meal. This vegan arepas recipe is my favorite one. I used precooked white cornmeal, but pre-cooked yellow cornmeal will also work. Feel free to use any kind of oil.
Vegan Arepas step by step
- Put the cup of flour and the salt in a bowl and mix it.
- Add the chia.
- Put the cup of water or almond milk.
- Mix everything.
- With your hands, take a little of the mixture, make a ball and then push it to create the circumference form.
- Put a pan with a little of oil in medium and put your arepas.
- When they are toasted you can turn them to cook them for the other side.
- Serve the arepas and add the slices of avocado that you want.
- I also added fried corn but is optional.
A tasty snack or satisfying vegan meal! Arepas can be filled with so many different things. In this round-up, I am sharing some of my favorites! Over the years, I have shared a few different arepa recipes with you. My arepa recipes are some of the most popular recipes on the blog.