Faux Grits ☆ Grain Free Porridge. This is a completely grain free porridge made from only nuts and seeds ! Funnily, it came about one morning as I had not put buckwheat groats to soak overnight to make buckwheat porridge. Grains have been fermented for as long as they have been eaten.
This paleo savory porridge fuels your day with healthy fats and protein. Avoid the blood sugar crash of a high-carb breakfast and stay full until lunch. If you know me, you know I praise the versatility of cauliflower in a grain-free diet. You can cook Faux Grits ☆ Grain Free Porridge using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Faux Grits ☆ Grain Free Porridge
- Prepare 1 cup of quinoa rinsed.
- Prepare of additional 1 1/2 cups water or milk.
- You need of keep those separate ^.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of quinoa rinsed.
- It’s 1/4 cup of ground flax.
- You need 1/8 cup of chia seeds.
- You need 1/2 cup of coconut flour.
- You need 1/2-1 cup of sweetener raw sugar, honey, or stevia blend etc.
- You need 4 cups of water or milk.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
I've used it to make paleo-friendly wraps, so I wanted to try making. This delicious grain free porridge is simple to prepare, easy to digest and will really warm you up on cold mornings. Notes: I like using the high amount of cinnamon and ginger as it disguises the cauliflower flavor even more. However, the higher amount is on the stronger side so I recommend you start with the smaller amount and only adding more if desired.
Faux Grits ☆ Grain Free Porridge instructions
- I chose honey as my sweetener. Since it is raw I waited to add it until the end when the whole pot has cooled to a warm temperature. If added when hot it kills the live cultures in the honey and that defeats the health benefits..
- In a separate pot cook 1 cup quinoa with the 1.5 cups of liquid. Bring water and quinoa to a boil, reduce heat to simmer place a lid on cook for 7-12mins..
- The rest of the ingredients place in a blender and add 3 of the 4 cups of water or milk. Blend well..
- Place blended ingredients plus the last cup of liquid in a pot and cook on low heat until it thickens. Takes 5-15min.
- Watch porridge and stir while cooking or it will stick to thy bottom and scorch..
- Once quinoa is cooked dump in pot with blended ingredients.
- Add fresh or frozen fruit. Or 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Or vanilla. Or nuts. And or a tablespoon of coconut or butter.
And speaking of toppings, this grain-free granola recipe is my go-to. It's lightly sweetened and perfectly crunchy. You can combine these two recipes for the ultimate breakfast bowl, or you can make and serve them separately. The rice porridge can easily be reheated in a saucepan on the stovetop. They're perfect for a GAPS-Intro, primal, or low carb diet.