Sourdough Pita Bread. This recipe is a delicious use of sourdough starter. Use to make gyros or stuff with hummus and an assortment of fresh vegetables. Regular pita bread starts off with mixing flour and water to make a quick starter, but it uses active dry yeast.
Recently, with the help of Mockmill, a great stone mill attachment for KitchenAid-compatible mixers, I. Adjust the time needed, depending upon the outcome of the pita bread, if too brown and crunchy lessen the time, if too soft and pale, extend the. Pita or pitta, which ever spelling you use, here's my sourdough version… As I have with other recipes, I've used my master recipe and process to make these. You can have Sourdough Pita Bread using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sourdough Pita Bread
- Prepare 1 Cup of sourdough starter.
- You need 1 1/2 Cup of kamut flour (or spelt flour, whole wheat).
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Rye flour (or rice, mashed potatoe).
- You need 2 cup of white flour.
- Prepare 2 Tsp of your favorite super seed(flax, chia, quinoa,sesame).
- It’s 1 teaspoon of sea salt.
- You need 2 Tablespoon of Olive oil.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of room temperature water (after boiling).
This was my very first time making pita and they came out GREAT! I've been making pita breads with yeast for a while now. Yes, it looks like pita bread. I refresh my sourdough starter twice a day and feel some guilt when throwing away the leftovers.
Sourdough Pita Bread step by step
- Mix all dry ingredients first then add liquid. Slowly adding water to your mixing bowl while incorporate all ingredients together by hand. Knead your dough into a big smooth ball..
- Separate the dough into 4 equal parts and roll them into 4 smaller balls. Press down and roll the dough into 4 oval shape at about 1/4 inch thickness. Gently transfer the dough into 2 gallon size ziplock bags and allow them to rise at 90F oven(lamp only) for 6 hours or overnight on your countertop at room temperature about 65F..
- The next morning, heat your oven to 400 F degree. Transfer your dough onto a large metal non-sticking baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes on one side then 2 minutes on the other. You will see the bread puff up to form a large pocket. If no pocket forms, it still taste delicious..
I perform small feedings to minimize waste but am. Bread is the staff of life in the Middle East. Though we eat rice abundantly, rice is actually the new kid on the block, relatively speaking. Our ancient fathers ate bread as their main sustenance and. Sourdough Pita Bread recipe: These pitas are wonderful.