Healthy morning glory muffins. These wholesome morning glory muffins are my very favorite muffin variety. Filled with healthy ingredients like whole wheat flour, flax, apples But I would consider them on the healthier side, yes. They do contain wheat, some oil, and some refined sugar, but also healthful ingredients like fresh.
Time for the "morning glory" part of these ultimate healthy morning glory muffins! She included carrots, apples, raisins, coconut, and sometimes nuts or pineapple. These easy and tasty muffins are a glorious way to start any day. You can have Healthy morning glory muffins using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Healthy morning glory muffins
- It’s 1 of large egg.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Greek yogurt.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of honey.
- Prepare 1/2 of of an large apple finely grated.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of packed grated carrots.
- You need 3/8 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of oat flour.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of chia seed.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cranberries or raisins.
- You need 1/2 of large apple cubed.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped toasted walnuts.
They combine the great taste and chewy texture of carrots with the wonderful flavors of apple, raisins, coconut, walnuts, and You can make these a lot healthier by replacing the oil with APPLESAUCE and using all whole wheat flour. Favorite Morning Glory Muffin Recipe – These morning glory muffins are are hearty, healthy and delicious! To make them a little healthier, I made these morning glory muffins with applesauce in place of the oil. Applesauce is a great substitute for oil when you're trying to cut calories.
Healthy morning glory muffins step by step
- Preheat to 350 F.
- Spray muffin tin with oil spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the ground oat flour, chia seed, cranberries or raisins and chopped walnuts and stir.
- In a small bowl, mix together green yogurt, egg, honey, vanilla, grated carrots, grated apple, and chopped apples.
- Pour wet into dry ingredients and fold to moisten all the flour until just combined.
- Pour into muffin tins and garnish the top with more crushed oats and crushed walnuts(optional).
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until golden brown in the sides.
- Cool in wire rack out of the tin.
- Enjoy! Can freeze the rest in airtight container.
How to Make Healthy Flourless Morning Glory Muffins. Start by placing the wet ingredients in the blender first: bananas, eggs, milk, syrup, and almond butter. Next layer the dry ingredients on top: rolled oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ground cinnamon and ginger. How many fruits and vegetables can you fit into one muffin? Five, if you're talking about one of these upgraded Morning Glory Muffins.