Sautéed Veggies and Creamy, Cheesy Grits. Cheesy grits, spicy shrimp, crispy bacon and fresh green onions make the ultimate comfort food! One of our favorite comfort foods is this Shrimp with Creamy Cheesy Grits. Oh my gahhhh this is so For this recipe plump shrimp are tossed in spices and perfectly sautéed.
These luscious cheese grits replace standard mashed potatoes as an alluring side dish for Marcia Kiesel's roasted whole chicken with In a medium saucepan, bring the water to a boil. Add a pinch of salt and gradually whisk in the grits. Cover and cook over low heat. You can cook Sautéed Veggies and Creamy, Cheesy Grits using 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sautéed Veggies and Creamy, Cheesy Grits
- You need of Veggies:.
- Prepare 1 of zucchini (chopped and cut into half moons).
- Prepare 1 of yellow squash (chopped and cut into half moons).
- You need 2-3 of large tomatillos (chopped and cut into half moons).
- It’s 1-2 of bell peppers (cut into 1-2 inch strips).
- You need 2-3 of Thai eggplants and/or 1 Chinese eggplant (chopped and cut into half moons).
- You need 1 stick of butter (I prefer Blue Bonnet).
- You need of ****************************.
- It’s of Cheesy grits:.
- It’s of Salted water.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of chia seeds (optional but tasteless and healthy).
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of feta cheese (optional but tasty).
- Prepare of Grits (preferably Quaker Oats quick grits).
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of sour cream (or more if desired).
- You need 1 tablespoon of cream cheese (or more if desired).
- You need 1/4-1/2 cup of milk (as necessary).
- It’s Handful of Velveeta shredded cheese.
- It’s 1-2 tablespoons of butter.
- It’s of Optional seasoning: garlic powder and paprika (to taste).
Who said grits are only for breakfast? Try these easy Cheesy Gruyere Grits for you next brunch, lunch, or even dinner! Try these Easy Cheesy Gruyere Grits for you next breakfast, brunch, or brinner! They're simple to make and oh-so tasty!
Sautéed Veggies and Creamy, Cheesy Grits instructions
- Chop all veggies as directed or as desired. Sauté veggies in butter and possibly a little oil (I prefer grape seed oil) over medium-high heat for about 25 minutes or until desired tenderness..
- After veggies have cooked for about 15-20 minutes, boil lightly salted water in a separate pot along with chia seeds and feta cheese for about 6 minutes. After those 6 minutes, add and cook grits according to package directions whisking grits from start to finish occasionally. Garlic powder and paprika are excellent options for seasoning..
- After grits are almost done, turn fire to low heat and add milk, cream cheese, sour cream, shredded cheese and butter. Stir and let grits ingredients heat for about another 3-5 minutes. Then, turn off fire and let grits set for about 5-10 minutes..
- Serve hot, sautéed veggies over hot grits. Enjoy!.
- Suggestions: Another good addition to your sautéed veggies is mushrooms. Chia seeds can be purchased at Puritan.com. Check it out. Tomatillos, Thai eggplant, and Chinese eggplant may be difficult to find in some cities. Try a fruit market that has a lot of varieties of fruits and vegetables. In Chicago, we have Pete's Fresh Market..
Tip: If grits become too thick, stir in additional cream or broth to thin, and heat through. Recipe courtesy of Frank's Redhot Cayenne Pepper Sauce. These grits and greens are perfect for that — they're ready in a fraction of the time it takes to traditionally make either. Baby kale, tender and virtually prep-free, is briefly sautéed and then stirred into cheesy quick-cooking (NOT instant) grits. The result is silky smooth and creamy with just a hint.