Possum pie. Possum pie at Sassy's Red House in Fayetteville. Here's the possum pie recipe from the book Arkansas Pie: A Delicious Slice of the Natural State. Southern Possum Pie. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.
Possum Pie is often joked about in AR, but in the Northwest part of the state, it shows up on dessert menus. I know of several ways to catch a possum. Perhaps the easiest is to simply drive around for a while in your truck. You can have Possum pie using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Possum pie
- You need 1 cup of powdered sugar.
- You need 1 box of cream cheese.
- Prepare 1 cup of cool whip.
- Prepare 2 boxes of instant pudding mix (big boxes) (same flavor or different).
- It’s of (use leftover Cool Whip to put on top).
- It’s of For Crust:.
- It’s 1 cup of flour.
- You need 1 stick of butter.
I never had 'possum pie but ate lots of roasted 'possum growing up. First of all, I would not eat any critter that I didn't kill from a healthy state. If that critter is passing on at your doorstep there's a. That ain'T no cat pa that's a possum; sure will make a nice pot pie for supper.
Possum pie step by step
- Make pie crust first or buy a pie crust. You mix the flour and the butter together in a bowl. then press pie dough by hands in pie pan. Bake until brown..
- Mix powdered sugar, cream cheese and Cool Whip in a bowl. Put the mixture in the pie shell first..
- Put your flavor of pudding you pick on top of the cream cheese mixture. Then put cool whip on top of that..
- Place in refrigerator when done. Let it chill for about 30 minutes to an hour then it's ready to be served..
Went to a burger joint on Granbury Lake and the dessert of the day was Possum Pecker Pie… Hmmmmm I didn't ask. I've always heard of the "possum pie" and I'm very curious as to trying it. I don't live in the country or a rural area. I live in the suburbs of San Diego, CA. Possums and opossums look almost identical, however, they're different species.