Ginger Milk Pudding. Ginger milk pudding or ginger milk curd is a very popular Chinese dessert made by ginger juice, milk and sugar. It is a magic dessert you will love after the first trying. Alternately, there is a version of this dish that doesn't even involve steaming; you simply heat the milk and sugar on the stove, stirring.
Ginger milk pudding is formed by curdling milk with ginger juice. It is smooth and silky with a strong ginger taste. Not too sweet, not too spicy. You can cook Ginger Milk Pudding using 4 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ginger Milk Pudding
- You need 25 g of ginger (yield about 1 tablespoon ginger juice), adjust to taste.
- It’s 1 of large egg white.
- Prepare 125 ml of whole milk.
- Prepare 1 tsp of honey (can be substituted with sugar), adjust to taste.
Ginger milk pudding is a famous sweet dessert in Guangzhou, Guangdong Province. I always thought that ginger milk pudding was a magical snack. For me, it was not only a delicious dessert, but also. Steamed ginger milk pudding, a ginger-infused sweet custardy milk pudding is a delicious traditional Chinese dessert that is very easy to prepare and is extremely comforting, healthy and nourishing.
Ginger Milk Pudding instructions
- Scrape off ginger skin with a spoon or peeler. Then grate it with microplane or the finest grater into a mesh strainer. Press grated ginger against the strainer to squeeze out the juice..
- Heat the milk until lukewarm. Stir in honey until dissolved. Pour mixture into egg white. Whisk to combine..
- Into the bowl of ginger, strain the mixture to remove any foam. Stir to fully combine. Cover the bowl with foil..
- Place into a steamer. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes. Turn off the heat and let it sit for another 10 minutes before opening the lid. Then uncover and enjoy it hot or chill it for a cold version..
I remember this Ginger Milk Pudding 姜汁撞奶 was very popular amongst many Chinese bloggers two years ago. I was also very eager to try making this dessert at that time but had failed twice. Heat milk, grate ginger to extract juice, and then pour the first into the second, wait a couple of minutes, then you will get this feathery smooth pudding done. You only need ginger, milk and sugar, without using any curdling agent or any sophisticated When milk is added to ginger juice, this protease catalyses denaturation of the protein in the milk, changing. Ginger + Warm milk = Pudding.