You Won't Be Single For Long Vodka Cream Pasta.
You can cook You Won't Be Single For Long Vodka Cream Pasta using 11 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of You Won't Be Single For Long Vodka Cream Pasta
- It’s 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 2 of shallots minced.
- Prepare 1 cup of vodka.
- It’s 1 cup of chicken stock.
- You need 1 can of crushed tomatoes 32 ounces.
- Prepare 16 oz of pasta penne.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 20 of leaves fresh basil shredded.
- It’s 1 of crusty bread.
You Won't Be Single For Long Vodka Cream Pasta step by step
- Heat large skillet over moderate heat.
- Add oil, butter, garlic and shallots.
- Gently saute shallots for 3-5 mins to develop sweetness.
- Add vodka to the pan, 3 turns around the pan in a steady stream will equal about 1 cup.
- Reduce vodka by half, this will take 2 or 3 mins.
- Add chicken stock, tomatoes.
- Bring sauce to a bubble and reduce heat to simmer.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- While white sauce simmers cook pasta in boiling water until cooked to al dente (with a bite to it).
- While pasta cooks prepare your salad or other side dishes.
- Stir cream into sauce.
- When sauce returns to a bubble remove it from heat.
- Drain pasta.
- Toss hot pasta with sauce and basil leaves.
- Pass pasta with crusty bread.