Milk pudding – mouhalabieh. A delicious milky dessert not dissimilar to panna cotta, set on a layer of coulis and topped with caramelised apple. Milky Middle Eastern dessert, topped with ground and whole pistachios. Put milk and sugar in a large pot and whisk until sugar is dissolved.
This dessert was absolutely delicious and looked gorgeous. The creamy textured pudding with the Persian flavors. Mhalabieh is a lebanese pudding, hot sugary milk, thickened with corn flour and flavored with greek musk gem, orange blossom water. You can cook Milk pudding – mouhalabieh using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Milk pudding – mouhalabieh
- It’s 5 cups of milk.
- You need 3 1/2 tablespoons of cornstarch, dissolved in 1 cup milk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of vanilla sugar.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of rose water.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of orange blossom water.
- Prepare 1 cup of raw ground pistachios.
- It’s of For garnishing:.
Heat milk over low heat or in double boiler. Add Sugar and stir until dissolved. Mix cornstarch in a little cold water and add to hot milk. Still over low heat, stir until thickened.
Milk pudding – mouhalabieh instructions
- In a non-stick or stainless steel pot, put the milk, the dissolved cornstarch and vanilla sugar together. Place the pot on medium heat and stir until the mixture starts boiling..
- Reduce the heat, add the sugar and continue stirring for 10 more min..
- Turn off the heat then add the rose water and orange blossom water..
- Pour the mouhalabieh in serving bowls. Allow them to cool at room temperature for about 30 min then refrigerate for several hours..
- Garnish with raw ground pistachios and serve cold..
Add vanilla, orange flower water and cream. Cook for a few minutes more and let cool. Almond milk puddings, known by the French name "blancmange" or the Italian "biancomangiare," were considered an especially elegant dish. You might not opt to make. Le moucharabieh est un dispositif de ventilation naturelle forcée fréquemment utilisé dans l'architecture traditionnelle des pays arabes.