Milk pudding with ashta cream and bananas – layali lubnan. This layali lubnan recipe includes the requisite semolina, flower waters, and pistachios, but I've changed things up and added dried cranberries And, of course, I've used plant-based nondairy milk in the semolina pudding and I've replaced the traditional thick dairy cream topping (called ashta). Layali lubnan. (Lebanese Nights, Madlouah, Madloka, Madlouqa, ليالي لبنان). Traditionally, this dessert is served topped with cream or ashta (thick clotted cream) and crushed or ground pistachios, but additional toppings may include other nuts and sliced fruit such as bananas or strawberries, while.
Sprinkle almonds or pistachios or pomegranate seeds on top of the bananas. Check my blog for the real Layali Lubnan Recipe. This Peanut Butter Banana Nice Cream recipe will make your dessert dreams come true! You can cook Milk pudding with ashta cream and bananas – layali lubnan using 22 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Milk pudding with ashta cream and bananas – layali lubnan
- Prepare 4 cups of milk.
- It’s 5 tablespoons of sugar.
- You need 4 tablespoons of cornstarch dissolved in ¼ cup milk.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of orange blossom water.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of rose water.
- You need 1 teaspoon of mastic gum, crushed with 1 teaspoon sugar.
- Prepare of – For the ashta cream: prepare ahead of time.
- You need 2 cups of milk.
- Prepare 2 cups of whipping cream.
- You need 6 slices of American-style white bread.
- You need 5 tablespoons of cornstarch, dissolved in ½ cup water.
- Prepare of – For the sugar syrup:.
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of sugar.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of water.
- You need 1 teaspoon of orange blossom water.
- You need 1 teaspoon of rose water.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- You need of – For garnishing:.
- You need 1/2 cup of ground pistachios.
- You need 1/2 cup of pine nuts.
- You need 1/4 cup of almonds.
- Prepare 2 of bananas cut in round slices.
Decorate with the whipped cream all over the top then sprinkle with pistachio and the toasted almond flakes. Combine classic Southern-style banana pudding with crunchy vanilla wafers in this Easy Southern Banana Pudding dessert. Layali Lubnan translates to "Lebanese Nights" and it is a dessert similar to semolina pudding. A new dessert we are really excited about, very easy to make and simply delicious.
Milk pudding with ashta cream and bananas – layali lubnan step by step
- To prepare the sugar syrup, put the sugar and water in a small saucepan and place over medium heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves. Leave to boil then add the lemon juice and keep on medium heat for 10 minutes until the syrup thickens. Add the orange blossom water and rose water. Remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl..
- In a non-sticky or stainless steel pot, put together the milk, sugar, dissolved starch and a dash of salt. Put on medium heat and stir continuously until the mixture thickens..
- Turn off the heat. Add the rose water, orange blossom water and mastic gum..
- Pour in a serving container and leave it to cool. Place in the refrigerator for a minimum of 2 hr before serving..
- To prepare the ashta cream: Cut off the edges of the bread. Discard. Cut in dices the soft white part. Place the bread dices in a saucepan and pour the milk and whipping cream over them. Let the bread dices soak in the milk and cream mixture for at least 2 hr in the refrigerator. Put the saucepan on medium heat and, with a wooden spoon, start stirring the bread and milk mixture. Once the milk starts heating, add the water-dissolved cornstarch. Continue stirring until the mixture thickens. Once d.
- Immediately before serving, spread the ashta cream over the Layali lubnan. Sprinkle with pistachios, almonds and pine nuts. At the end, add the banana slices and pour the sugar syrup on top of it all..
- Note: You can serve the layali lubnan with honey instead of sugar syrup..
- Note: You can find the recipe 'Ashta cream' listed under my profile..
Layali Lubnan (Semolina Pudding) is a Lebanese dessert and this is our little attempt to make it. Do give it a try and let us know about your experience in comments below. Banana pudding, banana cream pie – those are some southern classics and I love them all. So when I made Banana Cream Pudding in a Jar, the hubs about died. He and my dad loved them and It truly has that classic taste and it really is easy to make.