Creamy Milk Gravy. My grandmother used to make the BEST milk gravy! She would serve it over chicken fried steak and mashed potatoes. Unfortunatley, I never got her original recipe.
Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve the milk gravy hot over biscuits. Continue to whisk until all the clumps have disappeared into the milk. You can cook Creamy Milk Gravy using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Creamy Milk Gravy
- You need 1/4 cup of sausage, bacon, drippings.
- You need 1/4 cup of flour.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of room temp or slightly heated milk..
- It’s 2 tbsp of melted butter.
- It’s of salt and pepper.
Let it cook another minute or so, stirring frequently and watch as milk is transformed into a thick gravy 🙂 At this point you can add your salt and pepper, to taste. My mom made this white gravy recipe when I was growing up with mashed potatoes and I think I might like the gravy more than the potatoes! Luckily now wherever you are from (this is no longer just for the South), you can enjoy this easy milk gravy recipe with flour. Fried Chicken with Creamy Gravy Fried Chicken with Creamy Gravy.
Creamy Milk Gravy instructions
- Heat on medium, the grease of your choice in a heavy skillet, such as iron skillet or deep sided skillet of your choice..
- Add the flour slowly and whisk until all the lumps have gone. Cook on medium heat about 3-4 minutes to remove the raw flour taste..
- I usually don't cook to brown mine, but cook to color of your liking.
- Add the butter,salt and pepper and mix well. If using salt, taste before adding because some greases are salty and you may not need. Just a matter of taste you prefer..
- Slowly add the warm milk stirring constantly to keep from lumping up. Stir until smooth and lump free if any..
- Turn heat to medium high to bring to slight boil. Reduce heat to simmer, stirring constantly, cook until thick and smooth. If you like thinner gravy, you can add more milk if desired..
- I serve mine over potatoes, pork chops, biscuits, country fried steak etc.. Whatever you like gravy on :).
Whisk in chicken stock, scraping browned bits off bottom of skillet. Keto Gravy Recipe Tips & Tricks. You could just as easily make a low carb gravy with heavy cream or a pinch of xanthan gum. This is excellent served with my Sausage Stuffing Balls as a side dish. Adjust the gravy to your tastes.