Mom's milk pork chops. Reviews for: Photos of Mom's Best Pork Chops. Learn how to make Pork Chops Braised in Milk. Milk Pork Chops Recipes on Yummly
Braising pork in milk, a method that Jimmy Bannos Jr., of The Purple Pig learned while cooking in Florence, results in supertender meat and an incredibly rich and flavorful gravy. Delicious smothered pork chops in a cream sauce with rich onions and flavors of garlic is a one-pan meal that Hearty and creamy pork chops rich with the flavors of garlic and onion. Deceptively simple, this two-serving recipe for milk-braised pork chops is easy to prepare and pleasantly surprising with its rich, complex flavors. You can have Mom's milk pork chops using 7 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mom's milk pork chops
- Prepare 3 of butterfly pork chops split in 2.
- You need 1 of saltine crackers mixed with Italian crumbs.
- It’s 1 of Italian bread crumbs.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- You need 1 of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1 of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Prepare 1 of milk.
It is best made using a pork butt roast but, unless you want leftovers (and the leftovers are delicious), you can make this with a couple of pork loin chops. The milk slowly caramelizes during cooking, and at the end it will look as though the sauce is broken; however, the milk curds that form are the most Season pork generously with salt all over. Brown and juicy pork chops are covered in a creamy rosemary and mushroom sauce for an impressively easy stovetop dinner. It's normal for the coconut milk to separate into layers, so shake the can before opening and whisk the milk until smooth before adding it to the skillet.
Mom's milk pork chops instructions
- 1. Wet pork chops.
- 2. Dredge in flour.
- 3. Dip each in scrambled egg.
- 4. Put in cracker/Italian crumbs.
- 5. Put in hot oil in pan that will fit all chops on the bottom of frying pan.
- 6. Fry both sides until golden brown.
- 7. Pour in milk so it fills the pan up half way from the bottom of the chops.
- 8. Bake in 325°F oven for approximately 45 min…with lid on.
- 9. After 45 min. Take lid off and bake approximately 20 min. Until the juice is gone.
Beat egg and milk in small bowl. Dip chops in milk mixture, then in dry mixture. Brown chops in skillet in the hot olive oil. Pork chops come from a part of the pig perpendicular to the spine. They usually contain a rib or part of the vertebrae.