Milk Gravy w/biscuits. Home made biscuits taste better to me, but use what you will. Whisk in milk a half a cup at a time. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
In made enough to have for. Vegan biscuits and gravy are made from scratch with cashew milk (almond, oat or your favorite plant milk works too), flour and fat, making them a pantry staple recipe and perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner! Nothing really compares to homemade biscuits and gravy, so roll up your sleeves and get. You can cook Milk Gravy w/biscuits using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Milk Gravy w/biscuits
- You need 3 tbsp of bacon grease.
- It’s 6 tbsp of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 4 cup of whole milk.
- It’s 1/2 lb of semi crispy, cooked, crumbled bacon.
- It’s 1 of salt to taste.
- You need 1 of pepper to taste.
- You need 6 of to 8 biscuits of your choice..
Biscuits and gravy is a popular breakfast dish in the United States, especially in the South. The dish consists of soft dough biscuits covered in either sawmill or meat gravy. Milk Gravy: Heat bacon grease in a cast iron skillet. Season the gravy with salt and pepper.
Milk Gravy w/biscuits instructions
- heat bacon grease in a large skillet until hot..
- add flour to the bacon grease and whisk together. keep heating until the flour is nice and browned..
- pour in 2 cups of the milk while whisking vigorously. continue to whisk until all lumps are gone..
- once its starring to bubble add rest of milk and continue to whisk to make sure it doesn't lump up..
- continue to cook and whisk until just before your desired thickness. but remember it does thicken as it cools. salt and pepper to taste once it starts to thicken a bit. you can do a finger test.. dab pinky finger into gravy and taste. add more salt and pepper if needed..
- remove from heat. place 2 biscuits on a plate..
- pour milk gravy over biscuits.. amount depends on what you like.. but I completely cover mine..
- sprinkle crumbled bacon all over the top..
- serve hot. great served with my bacon and jelly toasty and my bacon fried eggs! or serve alone..
Biscuits and gravy were a major comfort home in my house growing up. Garnish: melted butter to slather on the biscuits. Biscuits and sausage gravy is so good. The gravy is a white gravy made with milk. You put sausage in it and put over Ymmmmm.biscuits and gravy are a classic breakfast dish in the South.