Milk Lefse. Combine flour , sugar and salt. Put milk and lard in pan heat. Pour all milk over the flour mixture.
Lay it on top of waxed paper and keep stacking them up. Bring to boil milk and Crisco and pour over flour mixture. Mix using as little flour as possible roll thin. You can cook Milk Lefse using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Milk Lefse
- You need of Dough.
- You need 1 pints of Half and Half.
- Prepare 1 cup of Milk.
- It’s 1 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 stick of Margarine.
- It’s 4 cup of A.P. Flour.
Place baked lefse on a towel and cover with another towel to keep moist. I like the Milk Lefse but look for my Potato Lefse also. Be the first to review this recipe. You can make these Norwegian treats by yourself.
Milk Lefse instructions
- In large glass bowl mix together all ingredients, except flour..
- Microwave for 8-10 minutes or until milk has boiled up and scalded..
- Put flour into large plastic bowl. Pour milk mixture into flour mix until a dry dough consistency is achieved..
- If you have a griddle pan, plug it in and heat to 400°F..
- Flour board and roller, take handful of dough and start rolling. roll very thin. place on pan, flip when bubbles appear. once both sides have browned remove from heat and cover who a dry cloth..
- Serve with butter and sugar..
- Finished lefsa should look like flour tortillas..
As nouns the difference between milk and lefse. is that milk is (uncountable) a white liquid produced by the mammary glands of female mammals to nourish their young from certain animals, especially. Lefse, in particular, is a flatbread I've been eyeing for some time now. You might even say it's my birthright. I grew up in Minnesota with my Christensen relatives and Lutsens, Knudsens. Lefse is a traditional holiday food in among Norwegian-Americans in the U.