Brad's trout picatta over Caesar broccoli slaw. This Chinese slaw uses broccoli slaw mix and ramen noodles with some common pantry items to make a versatile salad for any occasion. Pour the dressing over the coleslaw mix and toss to coat. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, stir together the broccoli slaw, cilantro, and green onion, tossing gently to combine.
Combine anchovies, grated Parmesan, oil, and lemon juice in a small bowl; season with salt and pepper. Drizzle over slaw; toss to coat. Toasted ramen noodles, green onions, and pineapple are tossed in a vinegar-based dressing with broccoli slaw in this tasty Asian broccoli slaw recipe. You can cook Brad's trout picatta over Caesar broccoli slaw using 21 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Brad's trout picatta over Caesar broccoli slaw
- It’s of For the slaw.
- It’s 4 of LG broccoli stems.
- It’s 2 of carrots.
- Prepare of Brads Caesar dressing.
- Prepare of For the fish.
- Prepare 4 of trout.
- Prepare 2 cups of flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of each, garlic powder white pepper and paprika.
- It’s 2 of eggs beaten.
- You need 2 cups of corn meal.
- It’s of For the sauce.
- Prepare 3 tbs of butter.
- It’s 1 of LG shallot, minced.
- You need 1 tsp of minced garlic.
- You need 4 tbs of vodka or white wine.
- It’s 3 tbs of the flour mixture for the fish.
- Prepare of Juice of 1 lemon.
- It’s 1 tsp of granulated chicken bouillon.
- You need of Whipping cream.
- Prepare 2 tbs of capers.
- You need 3 tbs of shredded parmesan cheese.
Heat a skillet over medium-low heat. Top it with a Caesar salad slaw for a quick and easy dinner that's fresh and light. If you like seafood tacos you will also love these Lobster Tacos and these Scallop Tacos. Add to broccoli slaw mixture and mix well.
Brad's trout picatta over Caesar broccoli slaw step by step
- In a food processor, grate the broccoli stem and carrot. Place in a mixing bowl and toss with Brad's Caesar dressing. Set aside..
- Filet the trout. Remove rib bones and skin. Mix flour and spices in a shallow pan. Dredge fish in it and place in the refrigerator for a few minutes..
- Heat butter in a frying pan on medium low heat. Add shallots and saute until they start to brown. Add garlic and cook 2 more minutes. Deglaze pan with vodka or wine. Cook out moisture. Add flour and cook 2 more minutes. Add lemon juice and stir in. A little at a time add cream and mix in, stirring constantly, until you have a smooth gravy like sauce. Add bouillon, cheese, and capers. Now here is my secret to the rich color of the sauce. Turn heat to low and let sauce sit on the burner..
- Stir often. Add a little cream when sauce starts getting toreado thick. Do this the whole time you are frying the fish..
- Heat a half inch of oil in a frying pan on medium..
- Set up battering station. First flour, then beaten egg, then cornmeal..
- Take fish out of fridge. Dredge in flour again. Then egg. Then cornmeal. Fry on each side until golden brown. Remove to paper towels to drain..
- Plate slaw. Place filets on top. Cover with sauce. Garnish with parmesan. Serve immediately. Enjoy..
Brush a large skillet (I like cast iron) with olive oil. To make tacos, heat corn or flour tortillas in a skillet or microwave until warm and soft. Add flaked halibut and broccoli slaw. It was a couple of years ago that I first heard about bagged broccoli slaw. I was paging through a new I found it up among the other pre-fab produce items I gloss over because I don't usually buy them Broccoli slaw was what finally did the trick.