Aunt Adele's Torta di Riso FUSF. Una vera golosità questa torta di riso, morbida e profumata. Tutte le volte che la preparo, riscuote un gran successo; una torta semplice, ma deliziosa. La torta di riso è un dolce preparato un po' in tutta Italia con diverse varianti da regione a regione.
Art is my biggest and favorite-est hobby. So this page will be plastered with pictures of all the. I loved her very much an. You can cook Aunt Adele's Torta di Riso FUSF using 17 ingredients and 25 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Aunt Adele's Torta di Riso FUSF
- It’s of For a 4 qt (17"x 11" x 2") baking dish:.
- It’s of Pie Crust:.
- You need 2-1/2 cups of unbleached all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Prepare 12 tablespoons of (1-1/2 sticks) cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/4-inch slices.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cold vegetable shortening, cut into 4 pieces.
- It’s 1/4 cup of cold vodka.
- It’s 1/4 cup of cold water.
- Prepare of Filling:.
- You need 9 of eggs – well beaten.
- You need 3 lbs of ricotta cheese.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 cup of white rice.
- You need 2-1/3 cups of sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of milk.
- Prepare of (Optional) 8 to 16 oz of candied fruit.
Not just any glass of milk, mind you, but Aunt Adele's hot milk toddy. La torta di riso in padella è un piatto veloce per consumare il riso avanzato dal giorno primo. È semplicissima da preparare e veramente molto golosa, con un ripieno di zucchine e formaggio! La torta di riso salata è un piatto unico tipico della tradizione gastronomica genovese realizzato con un involucro di pasta neutra farcito con riso, stracchino, uova e parmigiano. As I leaned on it, I knocked at my Aunt Adele's door.
Aunt Adele's Torta di Riso FUSF step by step
- Preparing the pie crust:.
- Pulse 1-1/2 cups of the flour (or 1-1/8 cups for the 3 qt recipe), salt, and sugar in a food processor until combined, (about two 1 second pulses)..
- Add the butter and shortening and process until the dough just starts to collect in uneven clumps, about 12 to 15 seconds.
- Scrape down the bowl with a rubber spatula and redistribute the dough evenly around the processor blade..
- Add the remaining flour and pulse until the mixture is evenly distributed around the bowl and the mass of dough has been broken up, 4 to 6 quick pulses..
- Empty the mixture into a bowl..
- Sprinkle the vodka and water over the mixture. With a rubber spatula, use a folding motion to mix, pressing down on the dough until the dough is slightly tacky and sticks together..
- Cut a sheet of wax paper 3" longer than the length of the baking dish..
- Put the pie crust dough onto the wax paper and then roll it out into a rectangle until it almost reaches the sides and corners..
- Slide the sheet of dough and wax paper onto a baking sheet with a wire rack and refrigerate for at least 45 minutes..
- Preparing the filling:.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees..
- Cook the rice for 10 minutes. Drain and set aside..
- Use an electric mixer to mix together eggs, sugar, and vanilla in a 5 qt. (or larger) bowl..
- Add ricotta cheese, rice, and milk and mix well..
- Putting it all together:.
- Take the baking sheet of dough out of the refrigerator and place it onto the counter top..
- Grease the baking pan and gently place it upside down on the dough..
- Now comes the tricky part. Grab the ends of the baking dish and baking sheet and quickly but carefully flip it over..
- Remove the baking sheet but leave the wax paper in place..
- Carefully press the dough down into the baking dish and up onto the sides. Try to keep it at an even thickness all around. Once the dough is in place, carefully pull off the wax paper..
- Pour the filling into the pie crust..
- Sprinkle in the (optional) candied fruit. If any pieces are floating on top, press them down into the filling with the tip of a knife so that they don’t burn..
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1-1/2 hours..
- Let it cool on a dry towel on the counter top for at least a few hours until the baking dish has cooled down enough to be transferred to the refrigerator. Although you can serve this while it is still warm, I think that it tastes best once it has completely cooled and the flavors have had a chance to congeal..
My cousin, Ameilya yells, "Who is it?!" from the inside. I replied, "Yo mama! hahaha" She swung open the door so fast, I almost fell inside. "Hey biiiiiiiiiitch, I miss you!". Adele's Nashville is the perfect location for all types of private parties from rehearsal dinners to business functions. Our farm to fork custom designed menus, full service bar, and several private dining areas within the restaurant allows guests to personalize any event to their specifications. Was married several times, last husband Richard? who was Pilipino (He was a good cook.