La Tarte de Brie.
You can have La Tarte de Brie using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of La Tarte de Brie
- Prepare 1 of wheel of Brie cheese.
- You need 1 of egg beaten.
- It’s 1.75 cups of flour.
- You need 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- You need .25 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 stick of unsalted butter (8 tbl).
- You need 2 tbl of vodka.
- You need 2 tbl of cold water.
La Tarte de Brie step by step
- For pastry: Mix flour, sugar, and salt together until combined. Scatter butter over the top and continue to mix until clumpy..
- If necessary, add more flour until the mixture is breaking up into pieces and evenly distributed around the bowl. Spread vodka and cold water over mixture. Combine until dough sticks together. May need to add more water and vodka. Just make sure to add both equally..
- Wrap the dough in platic wrap and flatten into a 2 inch disc. Refrigerate for 1 hour..
- Take out of refrigerator and let sit on counter for 10 minutes. Roll dough out into 1 inch disc..
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees..
- Place rolled out pastry on greased cookie sheet..
- Place brie in center of pastry. Fold pastry in on top of the Brie, pinching the ends together at the top. Trim off any excess dough and place on top of pastry- using whatever design you wish..
- Cover the entire pastry with beaten egg using a brush. Make to turn the pastry over and brush the bottom, too..
- Bake in oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until the crust is a light brown. If the crust is darkening too quickly, turn the oven down to 350..