Blood Orange Red Sangria. Sangria is not just a summer drink, you can sip on it all year long. Grab a pitcher and mix up a batch of this festive red sangria! Blood Orange Sangria is festive version that I put together with fruit that was sent to me from Melissa's produce.
But if they're not available, substitute navel oranges. If you can't find blood oranges this sangria can totally be made with regular oranges, tangelos, or Cara Cara Oranges. You can also substitute in other juices and liquors. You can cook Blood Orange Red Sangria using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Blood Orange Red Sangria
- Prepare 1 of 750 ml bottle of medium body Red Wine.
- Prepare 1 of 750 ml bottle of Ruby Port Wine.
- Prepare 3 of Whole Oranges.
- It’s 3 of Whole Lemons.
- Prepare 3 of Whole Limes.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Vodka or White Rum.
- You need 6 can of San Pellegrino Blood Orange Soda.
I also found some delicious lingonberry juice, pomegranate juice, or black currant juice compliment the fruity red wines perfectly! Blood Orange Red Sangria I wanted an easy but tasty sangria recipe that did not involve several different liquors. This is what I came up with. A few weeks ago, I had fun creating some delicious spring cocktails, and I have just one more: Blood Orange Red Wine Sangria.
Blood Orange Red Sangria instructions
- Juice 3 limes, 2 lemons, and 2 1/2 oranges..
- Add the juice to a large pitcher, straining the pulp as you do..
- Add the whole bottle (750 ml each) of the wine and the ruby port to the pitcher..
- Pour in the vodka or rum of your choice..
- Slice 1 lemon and the remaining half an orange into rounds and add them to the pitcher. Gently stir the pitcher to mix..
- Refrigerate the sangria for at least 2 hours..
- Add ice to a glass. Fill the glass a little over half full with the sangria. Fill the rest of the way with the San Pellegrino..
- Add a slice of lemon or orange, grab a straw and enjoy. Warning this is a very sneaky drink. You can drink it entirely way too fast without realizing it..
There's something really special about this cocktail, though. In a large pitcher, combine the wine, brandy, blood orange juice, club soda, apples, strawberries, raspberries and blood oranges. Place the orange sugar on a plate, then run a lemon, lime or orange slice around the rim of each glass. Dunk each glass in the sugar, coating well. For the ice mold: Slice the oranges and place slices in a bowl or casserole dish.