Perfect Pie Crust.
You can have Perfect Pie Crust using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Perfect Pie Crust
- It’s of Crust.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cup of Flour.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of COLD butter.
- It’s 2/3 cup of very cold water / vodka mix.
- Prepare of optional.
- It’s 1 each of egg white.
- It’s 1/3 cup of vodka.
Perfect Pie Crust instructions
- mix flour, sugar, and salt.
- dice the very cold butter into cubes. add to flour mix and stir leaving butter in large cubes..
- add water slowly and mix until dough just forms. leave butter chunks in dough and mix only as needed. this creates the flaky awesome crust that you deserve!.
- roll dough by hand into a ball. store for at least 3hrs in fridge before use..
- this will make enough for one 9in pie and top. vodka is optional, it breaks down the gluten and makes a better crust in my opinion..
- to use; divide into 2 balls and roll out for top and bottom crust. I typically dont pre-bake the bottom but do brush with egg white and top with sanding sugar to make the presentation glorious..