Popeye's Chicken Sandwich.
You can cook Popeye's Chicken Sandwich using 27 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Popeye's Chicken Sandwich
- It’s of Chicken Marinade.
- You need 2 of x Chicken Breast.
- It’s 1 cup of Buttermilk or Laban.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Paprika.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Garlic Powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Black Pepper.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Salt.
- Prepare of Breading.
- You need 1 cup of Flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Corn Starch.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Paprika.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Garlic Powder.
- It’s 1 of tabespoon Onion Powder.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Cayeene Pepper.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Pepper.
- You need of Spicy Mayo.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Mayo.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Hot Sauce.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Paprika or Cajun or Taco Seasoning.
- You need 1/2 tablespoon of Garlic Powder.
- Prepare of Other.
- You need 4 of Medium-sized Brioche Buns or Burger Buns.
- Prepare of Mayonnaise.
- It’s of Sliced Pickles.
- It’s of Burger Cheese.
- It’s 3-4 cups of canola oil or Sunflower Oil.
Popeye's Chicken Sandwich instructions
- Gather all ingredients.
- Marinate the Chicken.
- Pound chicken breasts in between two pieces of parchment paper or plastic wrap. Cut each chicken breast in half crosswise to make 2 small pieces of chicken about the same size of the bun.
- In a large bowl, laban, paprika, garlic powder, salt and black pepper. Add the chicken to the mix and place in the fridge to marinate up to 24 hours or use right away.
- Too cook the chicken, heat the oil in a large heavy-duty skillet or pot on medium temperature.
- In a medium shallow bowl, whisk the flour, cornstarch, and spices. Drizzle 2-3 tablespoons of the laban batter into the flour mixture and mix it with a fork.
- Work with one piece at a time, dredge chicken the flour mixture and press four on the top chicken to form a thick crust. Transfer chicken to hot oil and fry for 3-5 minutes per side or until the outside is crispy and golden.
- To assemble, melt one tablespoon of butter in a large saucepan and toast buns face down until golden and crispy. Whisk all the ingredients for the mayo in a small bowl and spread a generous layer of mayo on each bun. Top with pickles, cheese and chicken. Enjoy! 😋.