Grilled cheese and ham. Swiss cheese and ham are grilled on whole grain bread for this easy, hot sandwich. "I love making this easy grilled ham and cheese sandwich on a cool night with a cup of tomato soup." Layer the cheese and ham between the bread slices (keeping the buttered sides on the outside). A simple addition helps our Grilled Ham and Cheese Sandwich stand out from the crowd. Grilled Smoked Ham, Tomato & Cheese.
It is made by putting cheese and sliced ham between two slices of bread. The bread is sometimes buttered and/or toasted. Vegetables like lettuce, tomato, onion or pickle slices can also be included. Следующее. You can cook Grilled cheese and ham using 5 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Grilled cheese and ham
- It’s slices of Sourdough bread.
- Prepare of Cheddar cheese.
- You need of Muenster or other cheese.
- It’s of Butter.
- You need 2 slices of ham.
Grilled cheese sandwich with slices of ham, a fried egg, baby spinach, and gruyere cheese on rye bread. Trying to think of fun things to make with our Easter ham leftovers, my mind kept playing an ear worm from Dr. Seuss's homage to picky eaters, Green Eggs. The perfect grilled cheese sandwich all starts with, of course, the cheese.
Grilled cheese and ham instructions
- Heat cast iron skillet to medium high. Butter both sides of bread. Cook both pieces of bread on one side. Flip one slice and pull other out of pan..
- Places cheese sliced on bread in pan and cook ham in pan next to bread with cheese slices. Once bread is browned to desired liking. Place ham on cheese put on other half of bread flip and cook last un cooked side of bread..
- Cut into quarters and enjoy.
Instead of going just for American, use what I like to I start with mustard, spreading it crust-to-crust (it's a must!), layering the cheese (American in the middle!), ribboning the ham to create height, and spreading the outside of. The best way to improve on a great grilled cheese is to sprinkle some cheese on the outside of the bread for a super-crisp, cheesy crust. It may just be the best grilled ham and cheese sandwich ever.-Renee Schettler Rossi. Pile the ham and cheese on a slice of bread, season with salt and pepper to taste, and then top with the other bread slice, mustard-side down. There's the option of adding grilled ham to this already hearty combination for more protein.