Slow cooker Mississippi chicken (sandwiches). Slow Cooker Mississippi Chicken is a spin off of the infamous Mississippi Pot Roast. Cooking the chicken with the peperoncinis make a tangy and delicious sauce that I love to serve over rice. Some like to do sandwiches with this chicken and peppers but rice is my go to. slow-cooker mississippi roast sandwiches Entree Soul Food.
If it is turning brown, it is overcooking. Likely your slow cooker is cooking faster than mine. I suspect that is causing it to evaporate too much liquid as well and concentrating the salt. You can cook Slow cooker Mississippi chicken (sandwiches) using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Slow cooker Mississippi chicken (sandwiches)
- You need 4 of chicken breast boneless and skinless.
- You need 1 package of ranch seasoning.
- Prepare 1 package of au jus gravy mix.
- It’s 1 cup of sliced pepperoncinis.
- You need 1 stick of unsalted butter.
- It’s of Hamburger buns.
- You need slices of Provolone cheese.
Easy pulled chicken sandwiches topped with a sweet and tangy cabbage slaw. This healthy pulled chicken sandwich recipe is made in the slow cooker and is perfect for feeding a crowd at your next BBQ, potluck or party! And there are only five main ingredients… Well thankfully, this Mississippi chicken recipe is truly a one-and-done slow cooker dish that does. not. disappoint. While you could use beef or pork, we find that we prefer chicken here, and the fact that it's a bit lighter and.
Slow cooker Mississippi chicken (sandwiches) step by step
- Place chicken in crockpot and sprinkle on both packages of seasoning add pepperoncinis and place stick of butter on top.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Shread chicken and mix up and serve on hamburger buns and top with a slice of provolone cheese if desired.
Those are about the only coherent words I can put together thinking about this meal. While I won't go so far as to say these are authentic Philly chicken cheesesteaks (is that even how they are termed in. This Slow Cooker Mississippi Chicken is LOADED with incredible flavors. It's so easy to make right in your slow cooker! I think the key to the recipe is adding a little pepperoncini pepper juice to the slow cooker.