Slow cooker italian sausage sandwiches. Make this Slow Cooker Italian Sausage and Peppers today and enjoy all the Italian flavors. It's very filling, and you can have it on its own or as an easy add-on to zucchini pasta, regular pasta, cauliflower rice, regular rice, mashed cauliflower or potatoes and of course sandwiches. These hearty slow cooker sausage recipes are perfect for supper.
I tossed it in the slow cooker with mushrooms, tomatoes and wine, which helped to mellow. Place slow cooker liner in slow cooker, if desired. If using an electric pressure cooker, fold top edges in before putting on lid. You can have Slow cooker italian sausage sandwiches using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Slow cooker italian sausage sandwiches
- You need 1 package of italian sausage links (Hot, sweet or mild).
- You need 1 package of frozen peppers and onions.
- It’s of Olive oil.
- It’s of Italian seasoning.
- It’s of Soft rolls (I use slider sized split hot dog buns).
- It’s 1 jar of your favorite marinara.
- It’s of Provolone cheese & shaker cheese.
- You need of Provolone cheese & shaker cheese (if desired).
Turn slow cooker on to high heat. Place the Italian sausage links, spaghetti sauce, green pepper and onion into a slow cooker. Italian Sausage, peppers, and onions happens to be my favorite pizza topping combination, but it also happens to be delicious served by itself as a hearty Italian dinner. And it couldn't be easier to make in the slow cooker.
Slow cooker italian sausage sandwiches step by step
- Add 2 tbsp olive oil to bottom of slow cooker.
- Add bag of frozen peppers & onions. Add italian seasoning to taste..
- Add sausage links.
- Cover and cook on low 8 hours. Stir occasionally if you can but if not it'll be fine..
- 1 hour prior to them being done add jar of marinara sauce..
- Serve on soft roll or over pasta. I add a slice of provolone before the sausage so it melts and then sprinkle with shaker cheese on top..
Read on to learn why this amazingly simple slow cooker recipe is one of our test. Combine crushed tomatoes, oregano, red pepper flakes and olive oil in the bowl of a slow cooker. Stir in onion, bell peppers and Italian sausage. That's where this recipe for Slow-Cooker Italian Sausage, Peppers and Onion Sandwiches comes in. A slow-cooker works well to finish the cooking and keep the sausages warm.