Tuna Salad Sandwich à la Vietnamese.
You can have Tuna Salad Sandwich à la Vietnamese using 22 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tuna Salad Sandwich à la Vietnamese
- You need 2 (9 oz) of cans of tuna.
- It’s 2 stalks of celery.
- It’s 1/3 of of a carrot.
- You need 3/4 of of medium onion.
- You need 1 1/2 slices of bread.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of mayonnaise.
- You need 1/4 cup of Thousand Island.
- It’s 1/2 of loosely packed TBS of lemon zest.
- You need 1 TBS of fresh lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/2 TBS of sugar.
- You need 1/2 TBS of granulated garlic.
- Prepare Pinch of salt.
- It’s of Black pepper.
- Prepare of Pickles:.
- You need 1/2 of of shredded carrot.
- It’s 1 TBS of sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 TBS of salt.
- It’s 1 TBS of vinegar.
- You need 1/2 TBS of water.
- It’s of Roma tomato.
- It’s of Vietnamese Banh Mi.
- It’s of Roman lettuce.
Tuna Salad Sandwich à la Vietnamese step by step
- These are parts of the ingredients besides the seasoning that I put in my tuna salad..
- Chop finely celery, onion and carrots. Put in a bowl. Sprinkle pinch of salt and 2 pinches of sugar. Mix well. Set aside for 30 minutes to render moisture from the veggies..
- Drain the tuna. Grate the lemon zest. Juice 1/2 a lemon, but you will only need 1 TBS..
- Cut the carrot for pickles. In a bowl, put 1 TBS sugar, 1/4 TBS salt, 1 TBS vinegar, 1/2 TBS water. Mix well. Add carrots, mix well. Let rest while preparing for the tuna salad..
- Drain the veggies, squeeze out excess water, put in a mixing bowl. Squeeze excess water from tuna. Put into mixing bowl. Make bread crumbs using a food processor. Add into mixing bowl..
- Add mayonnaise, Thousand Island, granulated garlic, 1/2 TBS sugar, lemon zest, fresh lemon juice, and a pinch of salt. Sprinkle some black pepper. Mix well. Taste. Add whatever is needed to your liking..
- Cut Bánh mi, open in half. Spread some mayonnaise on both sides. Put lettuce, tuna salad, slices of tomato (remember to sprinkle some salt and pepper on tomato), carrot pickles, and cilantro..
- Your Tuna Salad Sandwich à la Vietnamese is ready! Hope you will like it!.