Portabella Cheese Steak.
You can cook Portabella Cheese Steak using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Portabella Cheese Steak
- You need 1 Tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 3 pack of portabella mushroom caps.
- You need 1 of medium yellow onion, sliced.
- It’s 1 of red bell pepper, seeded and sliced.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of low-sodium soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 4 slices of provolone cheese.
- It’s 4 of brioche hamburger buns.
Portabella Cheese Steak step by step
- Remove mushroom cap stems (if any) and scrape the gills from the underside of the cap with a spoon. Discard..
- Heat a large sauté pan with half the oil on medium high, swirling around to coat the pan. Add the mushroom slices and cook, stirring occasionally for 8 minutes..
- Move the mushrooms from the pan to a plate..
- Add the remaining oil to the pan along with the pepper and onion and cook for 8 minutes, or until the veggies start to brown..
- Return the mushrooms to the pan and stir in the Worcestershire sauce and soy sauce. Cook until most of the liquid is gone..
- Remove from heat and divide the veggies into four separate piles in the pan..
- Place a slice of cheese on each pile..
- When the cheese has melted, removed the pile and put it on a bun..