Fried tomato sandwiches. Dip the tomato slices first in the egg and then in the cornmeal mixture to coat completely. Spread both slices of bread with the mayo and. In a shallow dish, combine flour and seasonings; dip tomatoes in the mixture and set aside.
These Fried Green Tomato Sandwiches are a lot of fun. They are topped with pan-fried cotija cheese, tomatillo salsa, and cilantro micro greens to make a delicious and filling vegetarian sandwich. Don't be scared away by the length of the recipe. You can cook Fried tomato sandwiches using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fried tomato sandwiches
- You need 2 of red or green tomatoes, sliced into 4 slices each.
- You need 2 C. of Cooked Shredded chicken.
- It’s 4 Tbs. of Olive oil.
- You need 1 container of Cream cheese.
- You need 2 tsp. of Dill.
- You need 2 tsp. of Italian seasoning.
- You need 2 tsp. of Lemon juice.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
- It’s 1 1/2 C. of Flour.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- It’s 1 1/2 C of bread crumbs of your choice.
There are lots of different components to the sandwiches, but each part is very easy and fast. Mix flour, salt and pepper in shallow dish for coating. Heat butter and olive oil in pan, until it's hot enough to fry inches. Pre-heat oven to warm setting. (Lowest setting).
Fried tomato sandwiches instructions
- In a medium bowl combine cream cheese, dill, Italian seasoning, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste. Add chicken and mix well..
- In 3 small, separate bowls add flour to one bowl, eggs whisked in second bowl, and breadcrumbs in the third.
- Add olive oil to a medium skillet over med-high heat.
- While oil is heating assemble tomato sandwiches. Start with 1 slice of tomato,cream cheese mixture, and topped with another slice of tomato..
- Dip tomato sandwiches in flour, then egg, and last breadcrumbs..
- Fry tomato sandwiches 3-4 min on 1 side and then flip for another 3-4 min. Set on papertowels to cool. Enjoy!.
Coat tomato slices in flour mixture. Place in pan until gloden brown. Place on baking sheet and place in warm oven until ready. Too many tomatoes in the garden? Layers of garden fresh tomatoes, sandwiched together with Philadelphia Cream Cheese, garden fresh basil, sun-dried tomatoes, and smoked salmon.