Brad's teryaki steak and salmon pinwheels. Use beef or calf (tenderized or not) flank steak. Quick and easy teriyaki salmon recipe. Salmon fillet is pan-grilled until tender perfection in an authentic Japanese homemade teriyaki sauce.
I don't really know where I got this recipe, but it is the only way we will cook Salmon anymore! Everytime I serve it people rave and beg for the recipe. These elegant smoked salmon pinwheels are perfect if you want to enjoy lox without the bagels for a low-carb, keto appetizer. You can cook Brad's teryaki steak and salmon pinwheels using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Brad's teryaki steak and salmon pinwheels
- Prepare 2 lbs of London broil.
- Prepare 1 lb of fresh king salmon fillet.
- Prepare of Sea salt, white pepper, garlic powder, Chinese 5 spice.
- It’s of Kikkoman teryaki glaze. The thick stuff.
- It’s 1 of LG shallot, sliced thin.
- You need 3/4 cup of cream sherry, divided.
- Prepare 1 tsp of minced garlic, and brown sugar.
- You need 1 tbs of seasoned rice vinegar.
- You need 1 tbs of hoisin sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbs of black bean sauce.
Keywords: Keto Smoked Salmon Pinwheels, lox and cream cheese, smoked salmon pinwheels, smoked salmon with cream cheese. You can make the teriyaki glaze in minutes, and the whole dish takes only a little longer. Keep a sharp eye on the salmon during cooking, though; the. If broiling, put the salmon in the prepared pan.
Brad's teryaki steak and salmon pinwheels step by step
- The London broil should be about an inch thick. Fillet in half to make two pieces about 1/2 inch thick. Place pieces in a zip lock bag and remove air. Beat with a mallet until meat is tenderized and less than 1/4 inch thick. Lay pieces out on a cutting board. Overlap just a little bit. Sprinkle with all of the spices well. Evenly spread hoisin and black bean sauce over meat..
- Place fish on a cutting board. Remove all bones and skin. Fillet into 1/4 inch thick pieces..
- Lay fish over beef..
- Carefully roll everything up. Tie well with butchers twine..
- Heat a dry pan on medium heat. Sear beef roll on all sides. Sprinkle with more seasonings on each side as you flip meat. When evenly seared, transfer to a baking dish. Add 1/2 cup sherry to the pan. Deglaze. Let reduce by half. Spoon over meat. Cover tightly with foil. Bake at 425 for 20 minutes..
- Meanwhile, add a touch of oil to another frying pan. Heat on medium low. Add shallots. Saute until they just start to brown. Add garlic and brown sugar. Saute 3 more minutes. Add remaining 1/4 cup of sherry and vinegar. Saute until liquid is gone. Set aside..
- When steak roll cooks 20 minutes, remove foil. Baste with teryaki glaze. Return to oven for 5 minutes uncovered. Repeat a second time..
- Remove from oven and tent with the foil. Let rest 10 minutes..
- Remove twine and slice into 1 inch slices. Arrange on a plate. Spoon the pan liquor over the top. Garnish with carmelized shallots. Serve immediately. Enjoy..
Brush the salmon with the soy-sauce mixture. Deliciously savory smoked salmon pinwheels rolled up with a flavorful chive and dill cream cheese and tons of fresh spinach. Most merinades turn out more like teriyaki sauce this one didn't! I didn't have feta cheese so I addes grated swiss and Parm! yummi! will Nutritional Information. Inexpensive and impressive, this recipe is a must have anytime you want to wow your guests without spending all day in the kitchen!—Cristina Mathers of San Miguel, California.