EnsaladaDe Bacalao (Bacalao Salad).
You can have EnsaladaDe Bacalao (Bacalao Salad) using 7 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of EnsaladaDe Bacalao (Bacalao Salad)
- Prepare 1 lb of bacalao (boned).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of white vinegar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- It’s 1/2 head of lettuce (chopped).
- You need 3 medium of tomatoes (sliced).
- Prepare 1 small of onion (sliced).
EnsaladaDe Bacalao (Bacalao Salad) instructions
- rinse bacalao with cold water and place in large bowl.
- fill with cold water just enough to cover the fish.
- cover and let soak overnight in refrigerator.
- remove from frige and rinse with cold water.
- place bacalao in large pot cover with cold water just enough to cover the fish.
- bring it to a hard boil and cook for 5 minutes.
- boil the fish a total of 3 times rinsing it with cold water inbetween (steps 4-6).
- strain and lightly rinse with cold water…when cooled break fish down with fingers and place in large bowl.
- add onion and tomatoes to fish…set aside.
- in small bowl wisk together oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper. pour dressing over the fish and stir.
- add lettuce. seal the container with a lid and shake so that the dressing coats the lettuce.
- refrigerate for at least an hour….be sure to strain some of the dressing when servinvg.
- Tip: the longer it sits the better.