Bacalhau in Artichoke Cream Sauce. Cream Sauce, One Skillet Chicken With Spinach Artichoke Cream Sauce, Spaghetti Squash With Vegan Spinach Artichoke Cream Sauce. Chops or Chicken With Prosciutto and Artichoke in Cream SauceFood.com. olive oil, romano cheese, pepper, artichoke hearts, onion, mozzarella. Cod In Cream Sauce – Bacalhau Com Natas This recipe brings out my memories of my Mom making this dish in the Kitchen.
At a lunch with friends, prepare a meal made in the oven that gives comfort. Make cream sauce of butter, flour, cream, milk,. casserole. Place cut artichokes on bottom, then chicken, then. breast with additional sherry. You can have Bacalhau in Artichoke Cream Sauce using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Bacalhau in Artichoke Cream Sauce
- You need 2 of medium pieces of bachalau (salted cod).
- You need 3 of medium red potatoes (peeled and sliced).
- You need 1 of yellow onion diced.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of minced garlic.
- You need 1 cup of quartered artichoke hearts.
- Prepare 1 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1 cup of dry white wine.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried tarragon.
- You need 2 tsp of paprika.
- You need 1 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need of Kosher salt.
Stir the garlic paste into the ramekins of butter. Squeeze the juice from the remaining lemon. Chicken and artichokes are a natural pairing, especially when combined in a lemony cream sauce. Add the cream and lemon juice to the pot and stir to combine.
Bacalhau in Artichoke Cream Sauce instructions
- You must soak the Bacalhau in fresh water for at least 24 hours. During this initial soak change the water out at least once, the longer you soak and change the water out the less salty the fish will be..
- With a sharp knife remove the skin & any bones from the fish then cut the fish into 3/4 in pieces..
- In a large oven save pan heat the olive oil and 1 tbsp of the butter until it is hot. Then sear the fish pieces until light golden brown on both sides (approximately 3-4 minutes per side) then remove to a separate plate..
- Add the onion and garlic to the remaining oil in the pan and sauté until the onions start to turn translucent..
- Add the artichokes, potatoes, and paprika to the pan and allow to heat for about 3 minutes..
- Add the fish, cream, wine, thyme, tarragon, lemon juice remaining butter and bay leaf to the pan and bring to a simmer..
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cover the top of the mixture with the parmesan cheese cover and place in the oven for approximately 35-40 minutes..
- Remove from the oven, let cool for 10 minutes remove the bay leaf then serve and enjoy..
Pour the sauce over the chicken and artichokes. This Artichoke Dipping Sauce is amazing! It turns even the pickiest eater into a steamed artichoke lover and is made with ingredients that you probably already have on hand – Like magic! Serve with hot cooked short pasta shapes, like fioli. Add the artichokes and stir gently until the artichokes and chicken are warmed through and the sauce is even thicker.