Punhetas de Bacalhau.
You can cook Punhetas de Bacalhau using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Punhetas de Bacalhau
- It’s 6 tbsp of bacalao (salt cod), tuna or normal cod.
- You need 2 of tomatoes.
- You need 1 of white medium – large onion, depending on your preference.
- You need 1/2 of cucumber.
- You need 1 of green pepper or half red, half green (red adds a sweeter flavour).
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 4 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 3 tbsp of cider vinegar.
- You need of Black pepper.
Punhetas de Bacalhau instructions
- Rinse bacalao in cold water, squeezing out with your hands (really) at the end. If using normal cod, simply chop and add salt at the end..
- Chop all veg finely into 1-2 cm pieces and mix with bacalhau, oil, vinegar and pepper. Add in salt at this point if using cod as opposed to bacalhau..
- You can eat right away but the flavours are best when left to develop for 15 – 20 mins or even overnight; perfect tupperware or advance prep supper fodder! Delicious with a crusty white sourdough to dip into it.