Sausage and Spinach Gnocci (Vegetarian).
You can cook Sausage and Spinach Gnocci (Vegetarian) using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sausage and Spinach Gnocci (Vegetarian)
- It’s 500 g of gnocci,.
- It’s 250 g of baby leaf spinach,.
- You need 3 of garlic cloves, crushed,.
- Prepare 1 of hot red chilli sliced into thin circles, seeds left in,.
- You need of Fresh Thyme, cut very finely (around 4 tbsp worth),.
- Prepare 4 of Vegetarian sausages (I used Linda McCartney),.
- You need 1 tbsp of salted butter,.
- You need of Salt and pepper to season,.
- You need of Olive oil Frylight or regular olive oil substitute.
Sausage and Spinach Gnocci (Vegetarian) step by step
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil, ready for cooking the gnocci, in the meantime place the sausages under a grill (or you could use a George Foreman), on a medium heat. As the sausages are cooking heat a frying pan over a medium heat too..
- Spray the base of the frying pan with Frylight so it's evenly coated and add the minced garlic. Add the gnocci to the salted boiling water and begin to cook it..
- Add the sliced chillies into the frying pan with the garlic and also the chopped Thyme. Fry for around 1-2 minutes until fragrant, using a spatula to move it around the pan so it doesn't burn..
- Add the butter to the frying pan and once melted add the spinach on top and stir a little until it begins to wilt down. Season with salt and pepper and turn the heat down really low to keep warm..
- You may need to turn the sausages in the grill now, ensure they don't burn..
- Once the gnocci is floating and cooked, drain it off in a collender. Once drained add it into the frying pan with the spinach. Stir and combine all the ingredients..
- Check on the sausages, they should be cooked through by now. Remove from the grill and place onto a chopping board..
- Slice up the sausages into bite size pieces then add to the frying pan with the gnocci, season with a little more salt and pepper. Combine everything together well. Serve up right away into shallow bowls or plates, and enjoy! :).