Gnocci Shaped Dal Dhokli.
You can have Gnocci Shaped Dal Dhokli using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Gnocci Shaped Dal Dhokli
- You need 1 cup of Arhar Dal.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of peanuts.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- You need 1 cup of wheat flour.
- You need 1/4 cup of besan/gram flour.
- It’s 2 tsp of chilli powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of mustard seeds.
- You need 1 tsp of jeera/cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of methi dana(fenugreek seeds).
- It’s 2 of dried red chillies.
- It’s 1-2 of kokum.
- Prepare 1 tsp of jagerry.
- You need as needed of curry leaves.
- You need 2-3 tsp of oil.
Gnocci Shaped Dal Dhokli instructions
- Wash and soak 1 small cup of Arhar dal for around a hour…..
- 2. Now boil the dal in pressure cooker by adding little salt, turmeric powder, handful of peanuts and water. Cook it till 3 whistles on high then on sim for 5 mins.
- When the pressure drops, remove the lid and check the dal, mix it well with help of laddle.
- 4. Now meanwhile prepare the dough for Dhokli….take 1 cup of atta (wheat flour), add 1/4 cup of besan, pinch of hing, salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, 1 tsp ghee/oil..mix well and using little water knead it to form a semi soft dough. Keep aside..
- Take a pan, heat 1 tsp oil/ghee, add 1tsp Rai (mustard seeds) and 1 tsp jeera, allow it to splutter, add 1/4 tsp methi dana, a pinch of hingnow add 2 dried red chillies (whole or round ones) and curry leaves…to this tadka add cooked and mashed dal, mix and add 2 cups of water, now adjust salt, add red chilli powder, jeera powder, 2 kokum (optional), 1 small piece of jagerry (based on your taste). Allow the dal to come to a boil..
- Now take a very small ball of dough flattened it on back side of the fork and rolled it to form a cylinder…the fork marks are imprinted on the Dhokli.
- 7. Add this gnocci shaped Dhokli to the boiling dal and now cook it in on low flame for 15-20 mins…the Dhokli will rise in size as it is cooked. Adjust the consistency of dal, if too thick add little water so that it is flowy and give it a boil..
- Switch of the gas and serve it in a deep dish, garnish it with coriander leaves, chopped onion and lemon juice…Serve hot..