Chicken adobo. Chicken Adobo is a type of Filipino chicken stew. Chicken pieces are marinated in soy sauce and spices, pan-fried, and stewed until tender. This tangy, sweet, salty chicken adobo recipe cuts down on the time-consuming process of peeling and slicing a ton of garlic cloves.
Filipino Adobo Chicken – Chicken braised in vinegar and soy sauce with lots of garlic. Not only is it so easy to make, but because it's incredibly flavorful and my kids love it! Chicken adobo is a Filipino treasure and considered to be the national dish. You can have Chicken adobo using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken adobo
- Prepare 1 kg of chicken.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of soy sauce.
- It’s 1/3 cup of vinegar.
- You need 6 cloves of garlic (chopped).
- You need 1 tsp of peppercorns.
- Prepare 3-5 pcs of bay leaf.
- You need 1 tbsp of sugar (optional).
Adobo, is often prepared with chicken but can also be made with pork, seafood or even vegetables. Chicken Adobo is a tangy, salty, sweet, and spicy Filipino dish. This meal is easy to make and You can never have too many chicken recipes and this Chicken Adobo is a keeper! Whether consumed in Manila's heat or on the edge of a New York winter, adobo holds the power to change moods and alter dining habits.
Chicken adobo instructions
- Mix everything.
- Marinate for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Boil for 5 minutes.
- Simmer in low heat for 20 minutes, while turning chicken to cook evenly every 5 minutes. When sauce is almost dry. Turn off heat and serve with warm rice.
- (Optional) Can fry lightly fry the chicken before cooking with the marinate.
This one-pot Filipino Chicken Adobo recipe from Food Network uses only a handful of ingredients, including garlic and soy sauce. Chicken adobo is probably one of our most requested dishes of all time. If you're not familiar with it, it's a peppercorn based chicken recipe originating from The Philippines. Recipes / Instant Pot Chicken Adobo. The Instant Pot can get this chicken adobo dinner to the table in well under an hour.