German/Dutch Baby Pancake.
You can cook German/Dutch Baby Pancake using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of German/Dutch Baby Pancake
- It’s of Pancake Batter :.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- You need 1 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s of Filling :.
- You need 2 of apples, peeled, pitted and chopped/sliced.
- Prepare 2-1/2 tbs of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cinnamon powder.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt.
- You need 1/3 cup of brown sugar.
German/Dutch Baby Pancake instructions
- First, make the filling. Melt the butter over medium heat, add the peaches, cinnamon and salt. Cook about 6-7 minutes. Add brown sugar and cook another 3-4 minutes..
- Beat eggs, milk and vanilla extract with a hand whisker just until well blended. Sift the flour and salt. Gradually add the wet mixture onto the flour. Mix well until just combined. Don't overmix the batter, that's why you must sift the dry ingredients before adding them to the wet ingredients so you would be able to mix properly throughout the batter..
- Grease with butter a 9 inch or 10 inch round/square pan (use a shallow pan, not more than 2 inches deep). Pour the filling into the pan (add butter cubes over the filling if you like) then pour the batter over it. Place the pan in a COLD OVEN. Bake at 450°F. Do not open the oven door while cooking the pancake. It will puff up and become crisp around the edges..
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes until the pancake is puffed up and slightly browned. Remove the pan from the oven and serve immediately..