You can cook General’s Chicken using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of General’s Chicken
- Prepare 8 pieces of chicken wings.
- You need 1 piece of eggplant, sliced thinly into 2×3 inch chips lengthwise.
- It’s 2 of eggs, beaten.
- You need 1/4 cup of flour, or enough flour for chicken.
- It’s 1/4 cup of flour for eggplant.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1/4 of chilli flakes (optional to include or add more if desired).
- It’s 2 tablespoon of rice wine.
- You need 2 tablespoon of soy sauce.
- You need 2 tablespoon of white sugar (adjust according to taste).
- You need 1/2 tablespoon of vinegar (adjust according to taste).
- It’s 2 teaspoon of flour.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of lemon or calamansi juice.
- Prepare of Cooking oil for deep fry of chicken and eggplant (fry separately).
General’s Chicken instructions
- Prepare eggplant chips. Cut the eggplant into 2×3 inch lengthwise chips. Layout on top of a kitchen cloth, cover on top with another cloth to dry. Leave for around 15 minutes. Once dry, dredge in flour and set aside for frying..
- Prepare chicken and batter. Mix the eggs with flour, beat until well incorporated. Dip the chicken pieces in the batter and coat throroughly when ready to deep fry..
- Prepare the sauce. Mix the sauce ingredients in a bowl except for the garlic and chilli flakes. Sauce ingredients are vinegar, soy sauce, rice wine, sugar, flour, lemon / calamansi juice. Taste and adjust sauce according to taste. Set aside..
- Fry eggplant and chicken. Heat oil in deep fryer or wok. Deep fry eggplant chips until golden / dark brown in colour. Set aside. Remove excess oil. Deep fry chicken until golden brown in colour. Set aside..
- Serving and plating the dish. 5-10 minutes before serving, saute minced garlic and chilli flakes in frying pan. Add chicken to reheat. Stir to coat chicken pieces with garlic and chilli flakes. Add prepared sauce into pan and let simmer until sayce thickens, mixing well to chicken. Add eggplant chips and stir to coat chips with sauce as well..