Skillet Rosemary Chicken.
You can cook Skillet Rosemary Chicken using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Skillet Rosemary Chicken
- It’s 3/4 lb of red potatoes, halved (or quartered if large).
- Prepare of kosher salt.
- It’s 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary, plus 1 Tbsp leaves.
- It’s 1 of garlic clove, smashed.
- Prepare 1 pinch of red pepper flakes (or more).
- You need 2 of lemons, juice of (squeezed halves reserved).
- It’s 4 of (6 -8 ounce) skin-on bone-in chicken breasts.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil.
- You need 10 ounces of cremini, baby bell or white mushrooms, halved.
Skillet Rosemary Chicken instructions
- Cover the potatoes with cold water in a saucepan and salt the water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook until tender, about 8 minutes; drain and set aside..
- While the potatoes are cooking, preheat the oven to 450°F. Pile the rosemary leaves, garlic, 2 teaspoons salt and the red pepper flakes on a cutting board, then mince and mash into a paste using a large knife. Transfer the paste to a bowl. Stir in the juice of 1 lemon and the olive oil. Add the chicken and turn to coat..
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, skin-side down, cover and cook until the skin browns, about 5 minutes. Turn the chicken; add the mushrooms and potatoes to the skilled and drizzle with the juice of the remaining lemon. Add the rosemary sprigs and the squeezed lemon halves to the skillet; transfer to the oven and roast, uncovered until the chicken is cooked through and the skin in crisp, 20 to 25 minutes..