Chicken Riesling. Chicken Breast, Mushrooms, Bacon, Onions and Garlic in a White Wine Riesling Cream Sauce with Buttered Parmesan Pasta. Add the onions and mushrooms to the pot and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms release their juices, about. This slow wine braised chicken recipe makes a hearty tasty stew that is made even better with the wine and cream.
Don't forget the German sides and German Riesling! Add the Riesling wine and chicken stock to the same skillet you cooked the chicken in. Bring the sauce to a boil. You can cook Chicken Riesling using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Riesling
- Prepare 2-3 of Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts.
- It’s of Butter (as needed).
- It’s 1/2 of Onion.
- You need 1 cup of Riesling Wine.
- It’s 1/3 cup of Heavy Cream (may substitute milk).
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Flour.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- It’s 1/2 (1 Box) of Fettuccine.
- Prepare of Add-ons if Desired.
- Prepare 4 Strips of Bacon.
- Prepare of Sauteed Bell Peppers.
- It’s of Sauteed Mushrooms.
- It’s 3 Cloves of Garlic.
Cook for a few minutes until the sauce reduces down a bit. Chicken cooked with white wine, cream and mushrooms. Deeply savoury and delicious, Nigel Slater's Coq au Riesling will quickly become a favorite quickly. Pan-roasting—as opposed to slow-braising—renders the chicken skin golden and the meat tender and juicy for this dish with riesling cream sauce, chanterelles, and Swiss chard.
Chicken Riesling instructions
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Pat dry the chicken with a towel and season with salt and pepper. Add chicken and onion, cooking for about 6 minutes on the first side and 4 minutes on the reverse side. Stir onion throughout as to not burn the onion..
- Add Riesling, cover and simmer on low until the chicken breasts reach 165 internal temperature (about 25 minutes). Remove breasts to plate and cover with foil..
- While simmering, prepare the desired add-ons separately. Chef's note: Use the drained bacon grease to saute the garlic..
- In a separate pot, cook the fettuccine. If desired, cut the cook time for the fettuccine short and add the pasta to the sauce to finish cooking..
- In a bowl, blend flour and remaining tablespoon of butter. Stir until doughy..
- Add the cream into the skillet with the sauce and bring to a simmer..
- Gradually add the flour paste to the sauce and whisk until smooth. After simmering for 3 minutes, return the chicken and pasta to the skillet along with the prepared add-ons and serve..
This slow braised chicken recipe makes a hearty tasty stew that is made even better with the wine and cream. Easy to make, and it will impress your family and guests. Chicken Sausage Veggie Bowl, served over quinoa and topped with a tasty honey mustard sauce for a healthy meal. Delicious served with a German Riesling. Disclosure: the wine was provided as a.