Chicken Afritada. This Chicken Afritada Recipe are slices of chicken cooked in tomato sauce along with onions and Chicken Afritada or afritadang manok is a type of Filipino chicken stew with tomato based sauced. Made rich and creamy from two secret ingredients, cooked long and slow until the meat becomes fork-tender. Chicken Afritada is another popular Filipino dish.
Chicken Afritada. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Before anything else, I want to greet each and everyone of you a Happy New Year! And thank you for all the support and God bless us all! You can have Chicken Afritada using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Afritada
- It’s 1/2 kg of chicken.
- Prepare 1 of pouch tomato paste.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic.
- You need 1 of medium onion sliced.
- Prepare 6 pcs of baby potato (halved).
- You need 15 pcs of string beans (sliced).
- It’s 1 tsp of Sugar.
- Prepare of Salt and Pepper (to taste).
Chicken Afritada Recipe, also known as Apritadang Manok. Afritada is one of those tomato sauce This version of Chicken Afritada is much easier to make, we used Choice Cuts Chicken Legs, no. Chicken afritada is one of the many Filipino tomato based stew. To cook chicken afritada; Saute garlic and onion until fragrant.
Chicken Afritada step by step
- Brown the chicken then add onion and garlic..
- Add water and boil until chicken is tender. Add potatoes. Once stock is reduced add the string beans..
- Pour the tomato paste and let it simmer. Add sugar, salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot. Enjoy..
This local chicken recipe, the afritada, is sure to be an easy family favorite. Chicken afritada is a traditional Filipino dish made by simmering whole pieces of dark meat chicken in a tomato-based sauce. You can prepare this stew entirely on the stove or braise it in the oven. Sauté chicken in oil, remove and set aside. Afritada is a Spanish based Filipino dish consisting of chicken, beef, or pork braised in tomato sauce with carrots, potatoes, and red and green bell peppers.