Mutton /lamb curry. This easy, homemade Indian Mutton Curry will become your go to recipe every time you want to cook with lamb. Let's welcome the easiest Indian Mutton Curry for pullover and pyjama weather. Mutton curry recipe – Lamb curry or mutton masala gravy.
It's fuss free and uniquely delicious! Tender succulent goat meat or lamb meat cooked in. This lamb curry is popular by name of Mutton (lamb or goat meat) Rogan Josh, from Jammu and Kashmir region of India. You can cook Mutton /lamb curry using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mutton /lamb curry
- You need 500 gms of mutton pieces.
- Prepare 2 of onions, chopped finely.
- It’s 4 of tomatoes, puree.
- You need 4 of green chillies,slit.
- It’s 2 of cardamoms.
- Prepare 4 of peppercorns.
- Prepare 4 of cloves.
- You need 1 stick of cinnamnon, medium length.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of red chilli powder.
- It’s 1/4 tbsp of tumeric powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of garam masala powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of coriander powder.
- Prepare of salt.
- It’s of oil.
- You need of curry leaves or coriander leaves.
- You need 1 tbsp of ginger garlic paste.
Today, I'm sharing with you my take on Lamb Rogan Josh, cooked in slow. Lamb curry is a popular dish from the Kashmiri cuisine known as Rogan josh. This appealing colored nonveg curry mesmerizes your palate with its perfect blend of mutton and spices. This is my go to mutton curry, it is simple to make doesn't need a whole lots of spices.
Mutton /lamb curry step by step
- Heat oil in a deep bottom pan, add cloves,peppercorns, cardamoms,cinnamnon for a minute. Add onions and fry for 5 min. Add ginger garlic paste and fry till raw smell disappears.
- Add the mutton pieces to the pan and fry till color changes. Add chilli powder, tumeric powder, salt and cook for 10 to 15 mins.
- Add the tomato puree and 2 cups of water to the pan. Cook for 30-45mins on low flame until the meat is tender..
- Add the garam masala powder and coriander powder and mix well. Cook on low flame with lid closed for anther 10 mins..
- When the meat is tender and cooked nicely, switch off the flame, add curry leaves or coriander leaves to the gravy and close the lid and let it stay for 10mins.
- Enjoy with rice or chapathi.
Just basic but taste really yummy. I love these kind of dark colour curries with a thin layer of oil floating on the top. This delicious Keralan lamb curry is normally made with mutton. The first meal I ever ordered in Kerala was Mutton Mappas or Keralan lamb curry. It was our first night stay near Munnar.